Skip to main content

Home!

I'm home!
actually ive been home for a while now
I was planning on coming home on the 14th of April and I wasnt going to tell anyone and i was going to wait for my mom at arrivals because she was going to Toronto to visit my sister.
I told a couple close friends and of course almost everyone ended up finding out.
While hanging out at my friends place I decided that although it was amazing there and the beach was wonderful i decided to see if i could make it back a bit early.
I changed my flight for $15 dollars and was heading home on the 9th.
I took an overnight bus back to Bangkok and spent one night there before flying out.
The day i was set to leave i decided that i couldnt stand that city any longer so i left for the airport 5 hours early. While waiting in line to see if i could drop my bag early they asked if i was travelling alone at the baggage check. I said yes and he asked if he could move me to an earlier flight because the one i was supposed to take later would be delayed and i would miss my stopover in Hong Kong. I said of course and i got a security escort right through the airport all the way to my seat on the plane. We took off a few min later and everything was great.
I hung out in Hong Kong airport for 4 hours and then hopped on a plane again had some dinner and then fell asleep. when I woke up i think i was somewhere over Alaska so I slept mostly the whole flight. After some breakfast is was a couple hours and then we landed in Vancouver.
As we came into the city we did a big loop around and it amazed me. So many lights and everything was so clean and organized.
It felt so amazing to be home, i literally couldnt stand still while i had to wait in the line for customs and what not.
When i stepped outside i forgot how nice and clean the air was.
i took the skytrain home and then a taxi from the station to a couple blocks away from my house and then walked the rest of the way.
I went to the front door and rang the doorbell and my surprised parents greeted me.
The next few days were spent going around to all my close friends houses and surprising them because no one knew i was in the country!

Even though im home and it feels amazing i will keep updating with videos and memories and other little things that i find interesting.

Thanks for following, its meant so much to me to know that while i was gone there was people at home who put the effort in to keep up with what i was doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chiang Mai to Huay Xai

I've decided that I'm done with Thailand for now. From the hostel we signed up for a mini van to take us to Chiang Kong, the border town for Laos, and see what we could get up to there. We lucked out on the van and got the seats right at the front so we got a whole bunch of leg room. So it was Nisha, Selena, & I and then the rest of the van was filled with 8 other guys from the UK and the driver. This was one of the best road travel trips I have had so far. The driver let one of the guys plug in his ipod so we were listening to more western tunes and we had the most random conversations the whole time. Along the way the first rest stop we went to was part of a cashew nut factory. I was really surprised how big the fruit was and how small the nut you got was. Inside there was a huge room with samples of all different flavours of cashew nuts and of course i tried them all and didnt buy anything. The next stop we made was at the white temple. More in the next blog post....

Bali - Ubud and Kuta

Bali is beautiful I wish that we could have spent more time there but we ended up getting stuck on gili. To make up we spent 3 nights in a place called Ubud and did a day tour where we saw soooo much. We saw a traditional Balinese dancing. it was really cool cause there was no instruments. The men who were seated all around chanted and made a whole bunch of different sounds it sounded like there was music coming from all around you. They also made the setting by changing how they were sitting and moving around. at one point they turned into a snake that was transformed from an arrow that was shot by the evil king. afterword there was a man who was dressed as a horse danced around on burning coconut husks. i didnt really understand the reasoning but it was impressive all the same. We went to a bunch of different temples which were all very intricate. Harvested some rice with some old ladies who tried to charge me for it after. The s...

The Gibbon Experience

I was going to sign up for a tour in Chiang Mai called Flight of the Gibbon which is hugely advertised everywhere and supposedly the number one tourist attraction in Thailand. Im glad i didnt though. Just across the border for Laos I signed up for "The Gibbon Experience" and i dont regret it. The Gibbon Experience is an eco-tourism project in the forests of the Bokeo province in north-western Laos. It works on protecting the forests and the Gibbons that live within it from poachers, deforestation and other threats to their habitat. The 2 days 1 night program that I signed up for cost me 1.4 million kip ($178) which is probably outside my budget and defiantly the most money i have ever withdrawn from an ATM at one time. I had to do 2 transactions because they most they will give you at once is 1 million kip. From the office it is a 2 hour  drive through small towns and villages to a house in one where we got our harnesses. After that we walked for another 15 min ...