Skip to main content

Chiang Mai to Pai via Bus

VIP Mini Bus
I woke up in Chiang Mai and couldnt figure out what place I should stay at that night cause I was checking out that day so I decided to take a bus to Pai. Pai is a town about 3/4 hours outside a Chaing Mai. I called a bus company and they said that they would pick me up at 9:30. it was 8:45. I ran around the room throwing stuff in my bag and cleaning up so that I would have time to check out. I read online not to eat or drink before you go on the bus because some people get car sick. I'm glad I took that advice. Its about 140 km and there are "762 curves" as the locals say. I was surprised thats all there was cause it felt like a whole lot more. there were 11 of us plus a driver in this little "VIP Mini Bus" they call it.  The first hour or so was fine, wasnt too bad, we stopped at this little restaurant/stand at the side of the road and some went to the bathroom others just smoked. Then we all piled back into the bus and continued on. I'm not sure exactly how long the rest of that ride was. We zig zagged up the side of the mountain to im not even sure how high, high enough to make you dizzy, and then it was just back and forward  all the way down, and then you do it again. I think maybe about 3 times? it was beautiful outside, all the little villages and the plants/trees and the view of the mountains. But after the first hill i got literally the worst headache that I have ever had in my whole entire life. The last thing that I remember was that a buried my head in the back of the seat infront of me trying to relax and make my head ache go away, and then i woke up in Pai. not sure if I passed out? fainted? went into shock? all i know was that it was defiantly not a gentle fall into sleep

Remember to comment! I wanna know what you think!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chiang Mai to Huay Xai

I've decided that I'm done with Thailand for now. From the hostel we signed up for a mini van to take us to Chiang Kong, the border town for Laos, and see what we could get up to there. We lucked out on the van and got the seats right at the front so we got a whole bunch of leg room. So it was Nisha, Selena, & I and then the rest of the van was filled with 8 other guys from the UK and the driver. This was one of the best road travel trips I have had so far. The driver let one of the guys plug in his ipod so we were listening to more western tunes and we had the most random conversations the whole time. Along the way the first rest stop we went to was part of a cashew nut factory. I was really surprised how big the fruit was and how small the nut you got was. Inside there was a huge room with samples of all different flavours of cashew nuts and of course i tried them all and didnt buy anything. The next stop we made was at the white temple. More in the next blog post....

Bali - Ubud and Kuta

Bali is beautiful I wish that we could have spent more time there but we ended up getting stuck on gili. To make up we spent 3 nights in a place called Ubud and did a day tour where we saw soooo much. We saw a traditional Balinese dancing. it was really cool cause there was no instruments. The men who were seated all around chanted and made a whole bunch of different sounds it sounded like there was music coming from all around you. They also made the setting by changing how they were sitting and moving around. at one point they turned into a snake that was transformed from an arrow that was shot by the evil king. afterword there was a man who was dressed as a horse danced around on burning coconut husks. i didnt really understand the reasoning but it was impressive all the same. We went to a bunch of different temples which were all very intricate. Harvested some rice with some old ladies who tried to charge me for it after. The s...

The Gibbon Experience

I was going to sign up for a tour in Chiang Mai called Flight of the Gibbon which is hugely advertised everywhere and supposedly the number one tourist attraction in Thailand. Im glad i didnt though. Just across the border for Laos I signed up for "The Gibbon Experience" and i dont regret it. The Gibbon Experience is an eco-tourism project in the forests of the Bokeo province in north-western Laos. It works on protecting the forests and the Gibbons that live within it from poachers, deforestation and other threats to their habitat. The 2 days 1 night program that I signed up for cost me 1.4 million kip ($178) which is probably outside my budget and defiantly the most money i have ever withdrawn from an ATM at one time. I had to do 2 transactions because they most they will give you at once is 1 million kip. From the office it is a 2 hour  drive through small towns and villages to a house in one where we got our harnesses. After that we walked for another 15 min ...